Are you the type of person who loves wild bird to always flock your backyard with varying species? Then you need to stock the yard with different types of bird feeders with a variety of foods that will attract all these birds. All you need is to plan well is to strategically place the bird feeders and fill them with food, then wait for the birds to flow at your backyard. What are you waiting for? Get to work, set everything up and all day long you will be enjoying the view of the wild birds.
The important thing to first consider before starting the feeding program of the wild birds include:
• Research on the various types of wild birds in your area – There is an enormous range of wild bird species that could visit your home depending on where you live. Through observation, you can see the beauty, enjoy and appreciate what amazing creatures they are. Some of the more impressive birds include; American Robin and Goldfinch, Brown Headed Cowbird, Blue Jay, Down Woodpecker, Evening Grosbeak, Northern Cardinal, Sparrow, Red Winged Blackbird and many more.visit website at http://vineyardgazette.com/news/2016/01/21/winter-cometh-fill-bird-feeders
• Types of food consumed by wild birds – Wild birds are interesting to feed as they have a wide range of foods from which you can select the ones readily available. The food includes; Niger seeds, sunflower hearts, dried mealworms, peanuts for wild birds, berry and bugs, cracked corn among other foods. Another key thing to note is that the wild birds should not be given the foods we eat, such as bread, as it doesn’t have much nutritional value and don’t forget that chocolate is in fact toxic to the birds.
• Where to place the bird feeder – Birds want to eat from a place they feel safe from predators. Such places include a being located a few inches away from a brush pile or under a tree or bush. This will help them fly away faster to a hiding place in case of a predator.read review here!
• What level to place the bird feeder – Different birds feed from different levels. Ground level (Sparrows, Juncos and Towhees), hanging feeders (Goldfinches and Chickadees), table level (Finches, Jays and Cardinals) and tree trunks (Woodpeckers and Nuthatches).
• How to choose a bird feeder – Quality is key when choosing the type of bird feeder to be used. Plastic, glass or steel feeders are easier to clean as compared to wood. Choose feeders that do not have sharp edges. The feeders should have drainage holes and they should not be small as these are easier to empty and get wet easily. Also choose a bird feeder that is bird feeder squirrel proof, with all the anti-squirrel techniques.
Create a backyard that offers food, water, shelter and refuge for the birds. Do this and trust me, you will create a safe heaven that has comfort and security for the wild birds in your locality – and allow you to enjoy the beauty of birds in your area. This can be done anywhere be it in the city or upcountry. By using quality bird feeders, you will create a safe heaven for the wild birds for many years to come.